Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Old Friends...

Fourteen years have passed since I talked to one of my 3 best friends from high school. Yesterday I received a facebook message from him. I responded and left my cell phone number. Within a few minutes of my response, I received a text message. I called him. He must have already programmed me in his phone because after two rings he says in a low voice, "I'm in line at the bank, I'll have to call you back." I burst out laughing and so did he. HERE is where we picked up after fourteen years. It felt like nothing had changed.

We have a lot of catching up to do- including clearing up some reasons as to why he pushed both me and another one of our friends away from him for 14 years. But more importantly I want to concentrate on moving FORWARD...

1 comment:

  1. i am really happy for you.....old friends are important to have. even as the part of your life in which they fill now may be completely different, having them there is irreplaceable. friends are a part of what makes you you. i am glad to call you my best friend.

    ReplyDelete