Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Me Keepin' It Real

The risk it takes to remain tight inside the bud is more painful than the risk it takes to blossom.
-Anais Nin



I think that just keeping a record, about HERE - about my home life, helps me keep it real here. I am happy with my goal to find positive things about my home life each week, each day, each minute...and forward. Many days I picture myself like these tiny buds. I feel so small at times but the more I focus on lifting my face towards the sun the stronger I become and the more I open up. This picture is also pretty cool because it looks like each bud being held in an old woman's hand. Maybe an old woman's bony hand isn't all that comforting but I like the idea that it represents. I invite anybody reading this to keep it real and happy Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. very nice. i think grandma is probably holding those buds up to the sun so they open up quicker....she loved spring and the blossoming flowers. finding positives things in everything each day in our lives is what makes a person grow and appreciate our time on earth. you are a very important person and part of this world, just like those opening buds, regardless of how big or small you are. there is beauty in everything if you take the time to really study and appreciate it. keep posting and i will keep reading............. any chance i can meet you for a drink later today?

    ReplyDelete