Thursday, May 7, 2009

Parenting Joys

1:30 am

Daughter #1

"Mom, I think I'm going to throw up."

"Ok, well go into the bathroom."

"Over the potty, bend down over the potty...keep your face over the potty, it's ok...you are going to be ok...do you have a fever? Do you think you ate too much last night? Here rinse your mouth. All done? Do you feel better? Are you going to throw up again?"

"Do I have to stay home from school tomorrow?"

"Well, we will see how you feel tomorrow."

"I think I ate too much last night. Yeah, I'm done. I feel better. No."

"Ok, here's a bucket. I'll leave it here on the floor. Call me if you feel sick again and I'll come upstairs. Don't try to come downstairs, ok? Ok, goodnight."

1:50 am

Daughter #2

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"My closet."


2:15 am

Daughter #2

"I have to go potty."

"Ok, I'll walk you back upstairs and you can use your own potty."

"Why are there freckles in the water mom?"

"Well, uh, I haven't cleaned it in awhile...come on, back to bed."

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...hopefully #1 is feeling better! Freckles in the water...LOL.

    ReplyDelete