Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chasing Pavements

I remember the first time I heard Chasing Pavements by Adele...it was before she became so popular.    I connected with the lyrics, her voice, the time, and place right away...I haven't listened to it in a long time   but this picture I took last summer reminds me of her voice, the time, the place, the lyrics...

I had to lay down in the road to get this view.  For a brief moment out of my life I took an exciting and risky chance in order to get a clearer perspective of what was mapped out in front of me.  I remember enjoying the heat of the road and the somewhat unfamiliar texture of the cement while intentionally swiping my finger across the yellow stripe...  I love how you can see the two vanishing points where the road forks left and right.  I think a road picture is a good metaphor for life.  So, there you have it!  What do you think?
  

  
Woah~ highly enhanced photo!


Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?
Or would it be a waste even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there?
Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?-  Adele

Original photo.

1 comment: